Tuesday 12 September 2017

Tantrix Puzzles

On a recent trip to New Zealand, I stopped off at Puzzle World, home to the first 3D 'Supermaze'.
You can also just grab a coffee and try out lots of puzzles for free!

While there, I bought a couple of puzzles including Tantrix, which originated in New Zealand. It is really good for problem solving skills and requires perseverance!

There are many different sets but I bought a basic one for my class. 


In this set, there are varying levels of difficulty starting with a 3 piece puzzle. The number on the back tells you what colour the loop must form. For example, the number 8 is blue so the eight pieces must make a complete blue loop (while the other colours must link correctly too!)


I am looking forward to seeing how the students get on with it on rainy days or as an early finisher activity! 

I have also ordered this more complex one online since coming home.

                                                Image result for amazon tantrix
You can order from www.puzzlingworld.co.nz but the shipping charges are expensive. I purchased the second set from Amazon.

To find out more about Tantrix and try it out outline, have a look at www.tantrix.com

No comments:

Post a Comment