Monday 9 September 2019

Recount Writing Resources

I use the following resources to structure how I teach the genre of recount writing with my class.
This year, I am working as a Special Education Teacher but many of the templates will be useful to help children to sequence their ideas before writing.  
Simply click on each image below to access the resource.

Display Posters 

The poster set includes how to structure a recount, the types of recounts and some useful connectives they can incorporate into their writing.  I display this in the classroom for the students and add their samples of recount writing to the display board.



Planning Templates

There are 4 different planning templates included to suit the needs of the children, giving them the opportunity to get their thoughts together before writing a recount.  


Checklists

These can be downloaded for free on my TPT store, by clicking on the image below.  I usually stick them into the copies and the children can use them to self-assess any piece of recount writing they complete.


Recount Writing can be linked nicely to a classroom timeline of events that occurred throughout the year.  Read more about this here.



Check out other posts on writing genres by clicking the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment