Sunday 2 August 2015

Gaeilge Display Board (Year Round Resources)


Gaeilge is one of my favourite subjects to teach but one of the biggest challenges I find is having interesting and appealing resources to inspire the children. As a result, I generally make a lot of my own Gaeilge resources for my classroom.

Below I have listed some resources that I keep on my Gaeilge display board all year round. I then supplement it fortnightly with relevant flashcards & vocabulary for each Gaeilge theme.

1. Na Míonna


2. Laethanta na Seachtaine

3. Ceisteanna by A Crucial Week
These are very useful when doing comprehension questions as the picture cues help to remind the children of the type of question.


4. Seanfhocail
In our school, the children learn one seanfhocal per week. We sometimes integrate Gaeilge with Art at the end of the week to create illustrations for each seanfhocal.

Seanfhocail (Gaeilge) Irish Proverbs Poster Set
5. 10 Téamaí headings
These posters can be used on your Gaeilge display board for each of the 10 Gaeilge themes you are teaching.

3 comments:

  1. have been keeping an eye on your blog and its definitely the best Irish teacher blog I've come across! So great to see Irish resources that are appealing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have just seen you comment now...thanks for the lovely feedback! :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic blog.Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete