Wednesday 5 August 2015

Primary Teaching Bloggers Ireland Blog Hop

As you may have seen, some of us Irish bloggers have decided to link up to do a blog hop! This a way to help share good ideas and resources for teachers. Click on the image below to find links to other interesting blogs!


http://acrucialweek.blogspot.ie/2015/08/primary-teaching-bloggers-ireland-blog.html
                                                    *******************************
So a bit about me and my blog...


                                        **************************


Tell us a little bit about yourself and your teaching experience:

I'm Róisín, a primary school teacher from Galway. I hav been teaching for the the past four years in a large rural school in Co. Galway and am moving to a new school in September after being lucky enough to secure a permanent post.


What class level are your resources/ideas aimed at?

It varies a bit as I have worked in a variety of roles over the past four years. Primarily, I have worked in the Senior Classes (5th/6th) so the majority of my resoucres are tailored to this age group.  I have also worked as a Learning Support/Resource Teacher so I have been involved in most class levels over the past few years.


What made you want to start blogging?

I set up a Facebook page last summer as a place to share ideas. The main area I felt resources were lacking were for Gaeilge so I decided to start sharing the resources I had made for my own classroom. I only decided to commit to starting a blog a few week ago after many attempts previously!  The main reason is to be able to describe ideas/resources in more depth which can be more difficult on Facebook. My good friend from A Crucial Week made it look easy and helped me to get started!

Would you advise other Irish teachers to start a blog?

Yes, if you are interested in sharing your ideas or resources! While it can take a bit of time to get set up, it is great to have more Irish blogs that are applicable to our Curriculum.


What's your favourite free resource that you have shared?


My favourite free resource are these folder headings as they can be used for Teaching Practice, the dreaded Dip or for any class teacher really!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Folder-Headings-1404039

What's your favourite paid resource that you have shared?

My favourite paid resource is probably the Mo Scoil Poster Set as it is the type of resource that you can use all year round. I leave up most of the flashcards (clog, seilf etc.) and posters for the school year. 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Gaeilge-Ar-Scoil-Resource-Pack-Irish-At-School-resource-Pack-1553958

No comments:

Post a Comment